Being a Starling customer just got even better. From this week you can hold, send and receive euros for free with a Starling euro account.
Our euro account is a secure and fast way to send and receive euros on a regular basis. It also marks the first step in spreading our wings beyond Britain.
Who’s it for?
Our euro account has been designed for UK residents who:
- are European expats living in the UK and sending money back home
- work in the UK, but are paid in euros
- travel frequently to and from Eurozone countries
- have family and friends living in Europe
- own property in Europe
- make regular payments in euros for a pension or mortgage in another country
- are UK residents working in Europe for a defined period
Whatever you need euro payments for, Starling’s account will make it easier to manage them.
For those who conduct a lot of transactions in euros, the new Starling euro account can also help reduce exchange rate risks.
How do I set up an account?
Euro accounts will be available to existing Starling personal account holders. To apply for a euro account, open your Starling personal account and tap ‘Get another account,’ just as you would if you wanted to open a joint or business account.
Once you’re up and running, you’ll have a unique International Bank Account Number (IBAN). You won’t need this to transfer money from your Starling personal account though. We’ve made transferring money between Starling accounts super easy with our new transfer feature.