You’re a teenager, which means you use your phone a lot. For snapchatting, shopping, selfies – and thanks to Starling, you can add banking to the list.
Get a Mastercard debit card and our straightforward app, packed full of helpful tools to make your money go further.
And the best bit? You can apply in minutes, on your own, from your sofa, with your passport as ID. You may also be required to provide proof of current address.
Younger than 16? Take advantage of Starling Kite, a debit card which is connected to an adult’s current account.
What you get with our teen bank account
- An app-based bank account.
- A Mastercard debit card.
- When you put money in, we will too. Earn 0.05% AER on balances up to £85,000.
- 24/7 customer support. We’re only ever an in-app message, email or call away.
Easy to use? App-solutely
- A single app for spending, saving and earning money.
- Apply in minutes – all you’ll need is your passport for ID.
- Forgot your card at home? Use Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Pay for stuff
- Instant payment notifications, so you know every penny that comes in and goes out.
- Spending Insights, so you can see where you’re spending and where you might want to cut back a bit.
- Clothes, tech, trips – whatever’s on your shopping list, make saving easier with our ‘Goals’ feature.
Take the fuss out of going out
- Make instant payments to friends.
- Settle IOUs by sending payment links, direct from your mobile.
- Sitting right next to the person you owe? Settle up with Nearby Payments – no bank details required.
Peace of mind
- Starling’s a proper, regulated bank, so your money is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Think you’ve lost your card somewhere? Don’t worry, just lock (and unlock) it in the app.
Don’t just take our word for it
Apply for a Starling current account today and enjoy app-based banking at its best.
Start your application
Simply click on the button below to start your application and fill in a quick, fuss-free form