How it works
First thing’s first, make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app. When you’re ready to start photographing your cheques, just make sure you:
- Hold your phone above the cheque from a 90 degree angle
- Put the cheque on a dark background
- Capture all four corners of the cheque
- Avoid taking a photo that’s blurry or too dark
- Keep hold of the physical cheque until the money appears in your account.
We’ve designed this feature to make paying in cheques simpler, but there are a few restrictions:
- Value: in-app cheque deposits must be £500 or less
- Weekly limit: personal, joint and sole trader accounts can upload up to four cheques per week. For customers with business accounts, the limit is ten cheques per week.
One last thing to note: cheques deposited before 3pm on a working day will be available by 11:59pm the next working day, provided the cheque hasn’t bounced.