Thinking about switching banks?
While traditional banks are stuck in the past, we’re building a bank for the future. Streamline your finances and get total visibility over your money by switching your current account over to Starling today with the Current Account Switch Service.
Why switch your bank account to Starling?
It’s free and easy. Requesting to switch your current account only takes a few minutes and you won’t pay a penny. Find out how we stack up against other current accounts
The best of British. Our awards speak for themselves. We’re officially Britain’s Best Current Account Provider, and we’re a Which? recommended provider too.
It’s seamless. We’ll do the legwork of moving outgoing payments, payees you’ve set up, Direct Debits and standing orders. Also, if anybody pays money into your old account it will automatically be redirected to your Starling account.
Get the full picture. Managing your money when it’s all in different places can be difficult. By switching your bank account to Starling, you’ll be able to see everything in one place – and with our app features, you can get even more out of your money.
You’re protected. Over 99% of UK current accounts are covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee and every bank and building society offering the service follows exactly the same switch process. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your switch, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) or charges incurred on your old or new account as well.
Already have an account? Here’s how to switch...
- Tap the top right icon to bring up the account menu and select ‘Switch to Starling’.
- Enter the account details you’re switching from.
- Choose your switch date and agree to the terms and conditions.
- From this point, we’ll handle everything for you (completed in seven working days). In the unlikely event of any problems, we’ll resolve those for you.
Got an overdraft at your old bank?
Any overdraft balance on your old account will not be automatically transferred. You will need to agree a new overdraft facility with Starling Bank. You’ll have the chance to apply for an overdraft before you initiate your switch with us. If you can’t get an overdraft with us you’ll need to make separate arrangements to repay your existing overdraft with your old bank before you switch.
Switching a joint account?
If you’re switching a joint account, both of you will need to confirm the switch in the app.
Join the thousands of customers who have already switched their current account to Starling.
Here’s what happens when you switch bank accounts
The whole process is quick, safe and guaranteed. Switch your current account in a simple and stress free way.
We’ll send a request to your old bank to confirm the switch.
Don’t have a personal or joint account with us yet?
Apply for an account in minutes. Once you’ve been verified, follow the steps above to start your switch to Starling.
Please note: we do not support partial account switching.
Voted Britain’s Best Current Account Provider 2022
Don’t just take our word for it
Apply for a Starling current account today and enjoy app-based banking at its best.
Start your application
Simply click on the button below to start your application and fill in a quick, fuss-free form
If you have given permissions to Third Party Providers to make payments on your behalf, or to access your financial data, access to these services won’t be transferred automatically to your new account as part of the Current Account Switch Service.
1. Before you close your old account, check whether you have any Third Party Provider permissions set up and if so, who with.
2. Once your new account is open you can give your permission to the Third Party Provider to access your new account by providing them with your new account details. You will need to contact the Third Party Provider directly yourself to set this up.
3. Please note, some Third Party Providers may not be supported by all banks and building societies. You can check what Third Party providers we support here.