international bank transfers
Send money abroad
Fast and secure money transfers to bank accounts in 38 countries worldwide, with no hidden fees.
How to send money abroad, the easy way
Why should I send money abroad with Starling?
- It’s easy. Transfer money abroad without leaving your banking app or using an extra transfer service.
- It’s competitive. Our exchange rates and fees are some of the best on the market – and we’re always transparent, so you know exactly how much you’re spending.
- It’s fast. Our standard send is usually speedy – but if you’re in a hurry, you can opt to make a direct SWIFT bank-to-bank transfer (for a slightly higher fee).
- Send money to 38 countries in 20 currencies worldwide including euro, US dollar, rand, baht and zloty.
What if I only want to deal in euros?
If you’re all about the euro, then look no further than Starling’s euro account. You can hold, send and receive euros, all completely free of charge. Intrigued? Rightly so – take a look at the euro account.
About our fees
Our fees are always fair and transparent. We apply a 0.4% fee to the currency conversion and a small delivery fee to cover our costs.
Priority delivery with SWIFT
Need to get it there quickly? You can opt to make a direct bank-to-bank payment with SWIFT instead, for a flat delivery fee of £5.50.
Local network payment
Send your payment via a local partner – for some currencies, it can take a little longer, but prices start at just 30p per transfer.
Our exchange rates explained
We know how important a great exchange rate is when you’re sending money abroad. Here’s how we keep ours competitive:
- No hidden fees Banks often add sneaky hidden fees of up to 5%. We don’t – you’ll know about any fees before you incur them. Your money, your decision – just how it should be.
- A guaranteed rate
We’ll guarantee your exchange rate for 30 seconds, which means you’ll get the exchange rate you’ve been quoted, even if it changes. It’s only fair.
Start sending money abroad
Open the app
Not yet a Starling customer?
- Download the app from Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Enter your personal details
- We’ll carry out some quick checks at a UK Credit Reference Agency, and if you’re approved, start setting up your international bank transfers straightaway.