The Recovery Loan Scheme will finish on the 30th June 2022. As a result we have stopped taking new applications for this scheme.
If you have a Recovery Loan and would like to discuss this, please get in touch via the app or:
Call us on 0204 506 8350 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5.30pm)
Email us: email@example.com
Worried about your business finances? Further support and information can be found here.
Find out about our other business lending products:
About The Recovery Loan Scheme
Starling Bank started offering the Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) from June 2021, this supports access to finance for UK businesses as they recover and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic.
RLS aims to help businesses affected by Covid-19 and can be used for business purposes, including, managing cash flow, investment and growth. It is designed to support businesses that can afford to take out additional finance for these purposes.
Businesses who have taken out a loan under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) or Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) are able to access the new scheme subject to application and affordability.
At Autumn Budget 2021, the government announced that the Recovery Loan Scheme will be extended by six months to 30 June 2022, with changes applying to all offers made from the 1 January 2022.
From 1 January 2022, the following changes came into force for all RLS offers:
- The scheme is only open to small and medium sized enterprises (turnover <£45m)
- The maximum amount of finance available is £2 million per business (maximum amount per Group limited to £6m)
- The guarantee coverage that the government provides to lenders is reduced to 70%
Scheme features include:
- Term lending from £25,001 up to £250,000
- Term length: Term loans from three months for up to six years
- Interest and fees to be paid by the borrower from the outset: Businesses are required to meet the costs of interest payments and any fees associated with the RLS facility
- Access to multiple Covid-19 schemes: Businesses that have taken out a CBILS, CLBILS (Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme) or BBLS facility are able to access the new scheme although the amount they have borrowed under a previous scheme may in certain circumstances limit the amount they may borrow under RLS
- Personal guarantees: Personal guarantees will not be taken by Starling under the RLS
- Guarantee to the lender: The scheme provides Starling with a government-backed guarantee against the outstanding balance of the facility. The borrower always remains 100% liable for the debt
The British Business Bank has a range of guidance and resources available to all businesses, including content on managing your cash flow and a list of independent advice services.
The Recovery Loan Scheme is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. British Business Bank plc is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA.