A lot of people are facing financial challenges at the moment, and you may be finding that you need a little more support than usual. It is important not to ignore the situation and to get help sooner rather than later to make sure things do not get any worse.
If you are struggling to repay your overdraft or need help with loan payments, you can get in touch with our specialist team who will be able to help. They will be able to discuss a range of options with you, including a three month payment holiday on your loan.
Warning signs of financial difficulty
- You’re regularly requesting to increase your overdraft limit or loan amount;
- Struggling to meet your monthly loan or overdraft repayments;
- You’re worried about money or paying back what you owe;
- Regularly spending more than you earn, or relying on borrowing;
- You’re worried about being able to pay your priority bills;
- A reduction in regular income such as salary or benefits;
- Deteriorating credit score when reviewing your credit file;
- You’re being contacted about unpaid bills or missed payments;
- Often needing to change the date on which you make your loan payments.
Get support from organisations that provide free and impartial debt advice
- Money Advice Service - free & impartial money advice offered by the government who have advice and guides to help you improve your finances, tools and calculators to help keep you on track and plan ahead and support over the phone and online
- StepChange - a debt charity providing expert advice, support and solutions to help manage debt
- Debt Advice Foundation - a national debt advice and education charity, offering free & confidential support and advice to anyone worried about debt.
- www.moneyadvicetrust.org Money Advice Trust - a national charity helping people across the UK tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence
- Citizens Advice - provide free, confidential advice to assist with debt and money worries, benefits, work and legal problems.
How we can help
Our team has experience in helping people deal with financial difficulties and will treat your situation sympathetically. We will take the time to understand your individual circumstances and discuss the options available to you. We can as an example, help you to set up an arrangement to repay your arranged overdraft or loan in a way that is affordable and sustainable based on your current circumstances.
If you have been, or expect to be impacted by coronavirus we have a number of options to help you with your overdraft or personal loan during this difficult time. If you have a personal loan with us you might be eligible for a three month payment holiday.
If you are unsure if a payment holiday or arrangement to repay your overdraft is the right option for you, the Money Advice Service's Navigator Tool can help you access the right information.