PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org QUOTING THE NAME OF THE COMPETITION
Section 1: Eligibility and How to Enter the Competition
This competition ( “Competition”) is administered by Starling Bank Limited, company number 09092149 registered at 2 Finsbury Avenue, London EC2M 2PP, England (“Starling”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Starling is the Promoter of this Competition.
This Competition is open to businesses who satisfy the following conditions:
- have fewer than 10 full time and part time employees;
- have an annual turnover of no more than £1,400,000. If the business is less than 12 months old, the projected turnover must be less then £1,400,000;
- have been an active Starling Business Current Account or Sole Trader Current Account Customer for at least 3 months from the date of entering this competition with at least one customer initiated transaction per calendar month;
- must not already be receiving funds from a UK banking grant or other similar competition;
- businesses must be incorporated and registered in the UK with the UK Companies House, sole traders must be registered with HMRC (businesses or sole traders registered in Northern Ireland are excluded from the Competition);
- are not engaging in activities that are restricted under the Business Current Account Schedule or Sole Trader Current Account Schedule;
- the confirmation statements within the Current Account General Terms and i) Business Current Account Schedule or ii) Sole Trader Current Account Schedule are still applicable and their account is not currently in suspended status or under investigation;
- able to provide supporting documentation confirming compliance with these terms upon request by Starling;
- participants are 18 years or older; and
- is not an employee, agent or representative of Starling, or any third party directly associated with the administration of this Competition, or family members of the foregoing persons.
This Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. However, to enter this Competition, participants:
- must provide the information we request as described in more detail on the Starling Bank website;
- must provide contact details (including telephone number and email address linked to their Starling account) with which they can be verified and contacted by Starling (“Contact Details”);
Participants may only submit one entry for this Competition. Multiple entries for the same business or multiple businesses will result in all entries from the participant being disqualified.
We accept no responsibility for entries not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions, including where such entries are not submitted due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
Section 2: The Process
- This Competition will run from 12:00am on 8 December 2021 (the “Opening Date”) to 11:59pm on 14 January 2022 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries received outside of this period will not be accepted.
- To enter the Competition, participants must complete and successfully submit to Starling an entry form, which can be found via our website and/or social media accounts, by the Closing Date.
- Entries must be submitted via our website, entries submitted via any other means will not be accepted.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of four named judges based on the responses to the entry form. The named judges are Carol Vorderman, Chika Russell, Claud Williams, Belinda Kirk. The decision of the judges will be final. We may replace any of the named judges - at our discretion.
- The prize is a one-off grant of five thousand pounds (£5,000.00) to each winner and ten grants in total are available to be won.
- Each winner will be announced by Starling via social media and/or regional media on or around the selection day and, in the 7 days following, Starling will make reasonable attempts to contact the winner on one or more of the Contact Details to administer the grant.
- In situations where: (i) the winner failed to provide any of the information to Starling as set out in these terms and conditions within a reasonable timeframe; or (ii) the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, this will result in the winner forfeiting their grant - and in such situations, Starling will be entitled to select another winner.
- The grant is not negotiable or transferable.
Section 3: General Information
Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon submitting an entry to the Competition. We reserve the right to refuse competition entries or refuse to award a grant to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions or any applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the grant except where it is caused by our negligence, our agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winning participant or accept any liability for any tax or similar liabilities on the participant arising from this Competition.
All entries and any accompanying material submitted to us will become our property on receipt and will not be returned.
By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to us all your intellectual property rights with full title and guarantee;
- waive all moral rights,
in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your competition entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You agree that we may, but we are not required to, make your competition entry available on our website or social media channels, and in connection with any publicity relating to the Competition. You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-form and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying material for such purposes.
- If you are the winner of the Competition, you agree that we may use your name, image, town and county of residence to announce the winner of the Competition and for any other reasonable and related purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us from time to time. By entering the Competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you in connection with your competition entry may be held and used by us, our agents and/or suppliers to administer the Competition.
- We will process your personal data in line with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK, including the UK GDPR (as defined by the meaning given to it in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the Data Protection Act 2018); the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (and regulations made thereunder) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or other relevant regulatory authority and applicable. Personal data supplied during the course of a Competition may be passed on to certain third party suppliers only insofar as required for the fulfilment, delivery and/or arrangement of the grant. Your personal data will be held for 60 days from the Closing Date, after which it will be deleted or anonymised in accordance with this clause, unless required to be retained for the purposes of the fulfilment of yours or our obligations under these terms and conditions or under any relevant legislation.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve or settle any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.